Sending Passport home for Pakistan visa
After reading this thread I am still wondering what one does if you send your passport home, when abroad, for a Pakistan PK visa?
A Few queries if anyone has some answers?
1. You will be deported if you are checked and do not have your passport (you can say you lost it I suppose?)
2. If your a UK passport holder it can take a short but most likely long time (6 weeks) to process, does one sit tight in one country waiting for this?
3. If you are a dual citizen and send one passport home would the authorites not suspect oddities as the country you are in has your present visa stamp and your dual passport has your PK visa in it (ie if you are in India or China this will have your Indian/Chinese visa stamp on your No.1 passport, whilst your No.2 passport gets sent home, No.2 passport will have your new PK visa but No.2 passport has no India/China visa thus highlighting gaps/shortcomings in your validity to stay in present country....does this make sense?)
4. In UK, To gain PK visa one must hand in supporting documents in person and if you are abroad they want a reason why you are not there, any suggestion as to this reason?
5. Lost Horizons now charge $75 for LOI and itinerary for UK citizens!
6. Here is my recent correspendence with 'Gerry's' regarding PK visa:
Visas are normally current for six months. However, duration of stay may vary from case to case.
In case of any disability or inability to come in person you may authorise someone in writing to submit your visa application stating the reason for not submitting the application in person. He would be required to submit a copy of his ID.
For visa requirement you may visit our website www.visadropbox.com. You can find check list for the required category of visa there.