other people needed
I would like to fly to delhi and hire a bike to do a trip through the mountains. i have an organisation willing to take me, with a guide to the areas I would like to go. the cost is high for 1 person:
would anyone else be interested (thinking end of August/September)
Day to day itinerary
International arrival in Delhi. Meet and transfer to guesthouse. O/night
Morning complete the formalities and evening half day sightseeing of Delhi. O/night
Drive to Shimla (375 km). O/night in hotel
Morning drive to Manali (275 km.). O/night on hotel
Drive to Keylong (150 kms). O/night in hotel
Drive to Sarchu via Barlacha La (16,050 feet) (115 km). O/night in tent
Drive to Tsokar (90 km). O/night in hotel
Drive from Tsokar to Tsomoriri (50 km). O/night
Drive to Leh. O/night
Day free at Leh. O/night
Drive to Khardungla pass (highest road in the world, 18,500 feet). Pack lunch with us, evening drive back to Leh. O/night in hotel
Drive to Kargil (203 km). O/night
Drive to Srinagar (230 km). O/night
Drive to Amritsar. O/night
Drive to Delhi. O/night
Day free at Delhi. Evening international departure transfer.
PACKAGE COST (Rate of Exchange 1 US$ = INR 40) on 18th, 2007
US$ 2389 per person
Guide cum Escort expenses
US$ 1199 per guide
(Including hire charges along with Motor bike, food and lodging through out the trip)
Motor bike Security charges (refundable)
US$ 650 per motor bike for 15 days
THE ABOVE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES:
1. International arrival and departure transfer with airport assistance
2. Accommodation in Delhi YWCA blue triangle family guest house on sharing and bed and breakfast basis only and for four nights – two nights international arrival and two nights on international departure and check IN/OUT time 12 noon.
3. ENROUTE ACCOMMODATION neat & clean guest house and on room only basis :
At Shimla - 1 night, Manali - 1 night, Keylong - 1 night, Sarchu – 1 night,
Tsoker –1 night, Tsomorri –1 night, Leh – 3 night, Kargil – 1 night,
Srinagar – 1 night, Amritsar – 1 night
4. Enfield motor bike hire charges
5. Half day city sightseeing of Delhi with english speaking guide.
6. Same day return Permit fee of Khardungla pass.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED:
1. Airport tax on international arrival / departure
2. Fuel charges for motor bike (this you can pay direct on the spot at actual as per your requirement)
3. Expenses of personal nature such as tips, alcohol, laundry etc.
4. Company will not responsible for any sort of unforeseen expenses incurred due to unavoidable circumstances i.e. flight delay, road block, strike, mechanical fault, break down, natural calamities, etc.
5. Medical / Accident insurance.
6. Medical / Accident expenses, if any
7. First aid kit.
8. Check post fee / Forest fee / National Park fee / Toll taxes / Parking fee / any other State government tax etc. if any during tour. (this you can pay direct on the spot at actual)
9. Repair & Maintenance engineer if any.
10. Any tax/entry fee impose by the Govt. budget or new policy
11. Charges for extra services, if any
Does this seem OK? little expensive but there all this price here abouts.