Shipping to Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
It was difficult and expensive, but we did it!
If you want to transport your motorbike to South America, do it anywhere you want, just to Brazil not. There you will have to deal with a lot of documents, slow bureaucracy and you will spend a lot of money and nerves! If you are a very lucky and have the right custom broker you can get the bikes in 10 days. A good one is Alessandro with his assistant Wanller. He was honest to us and always available.
But the next year the things in Brazil for the temporary import should be much better. They will simplify these procedures because of the World cup. They are also in a process to accept ATA Carnet, with which you can temporary import goods much easier and with less taxes.
Detail about the whole process you can find on our web page: After bad mood, anger and a lot of spent money we finally got the bikes! : MOTOworld
Contact from the custom broker:
Rua Dom Gerardo, 63 Sala 1508 Centro- RJ
Telephone: 55 21 2203 0483 |55 21 7871 6658
Shipping costs for two bikes from Slovenia to Brazil:
- Wooden box 195 EUR
- Transport from Maribor to Koper 95 EUR
- Transport from Koper to Rio de Janeiro 601 EUR
- Insurance of the freight 70 EUR
Custom clerance and temporary import in Rio de Janeiro:
- Copies of documents and verification 63 EUR
- Shippig company - local costs 342 EUR
- Custom broker (his woek and taxes) 667 EUR
- Passport translation 34 EUR
- Signature verification 18 EUR
- Marina Mercante 182 EUR
- Storage for 3 weeks (with discount) 486 EUR
- Transpoer from the warehouse 74 EUR
All together 2826 EUR
for two bikes.