We`re been travelling 7 months across Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia and we are now in Peru and working our way up to Colombia. I thought it would be good to put some of our top day or so rides if someone else is planning a trip. Also I thought other people may want to add to it and also give any suggestions of Peru, Ecador and Colombia (seeing as we`ll be that way soon).
So in no particular order (I`ve also put our blog on the particular rides, though you might not want to spoil the surprise)
- The Caraterra Austral, Southern Chile - We only went from Futulafu south but it was all amazing and I would recommend anyone do any part of it they can. (Aotearoa to the Andes South America by Motorcycle
- Southern Argentina - Ruta 40 - Epic, magestic, and magical in the Patagonia region, although there is a LOT of it.
- Northern Argentina, Tucaman - Tafi - Cafayate - Cachi - to Salta - Jungle, Desert, moonlike landscape, a tough ride but worth it. (Aotearoa to the Andes South America by Motorcycle
- Bolivia - All of it - especially Southwest Bolivia, the Salar, the highs, the lows - not everyday you can drive from 4000masl to sea level in a day, and then do it again the next day.
- Cusco to Nasca - very windy, very very windy, but beautiful.
Cool. If you want more of our stories, see our blog
Reece and Charlotte
Aotearoa to the Andes South America by Motorcycle
ps, in shameless blog promotion, we also did a blog on trip planning if anyone is interested Aotearoa to the Andes South America by Motorcycle