Buy a new rear tire for a V-Strom 650 in Lima; or Cuzco, or La Paz Bolivia?
Writing to you from Lima, Peru. I'm trying to decide whether to replace my rear tire here in Lima, Cuzco, or La Paz. There is a Shinko 705 for my Strom here for 326 soles = $125 available here in Lima.
* I haven't hit the wear bars yet, but I'm close. Had this bad boy on the bike since Antigua, Guatemala.
* 1-2mm at the most worn sections.... 6-7mm at the least worn sections.
* If I go to Cuzco, it's another 1100km
* If I go to La Paz, it's another 1100km + 672km = 1872km
* Here are some photos of the tire:
1) Replace the tire here in Lima?
2) Head to Cuzco and try to find a tire there?
3) Same for La Paz?
4) Other idea?
Many thanks in advance. I have only replaced the tires twice in my bike in San Diego and in Guatemala, and I'm eager for good rules of thumb for when a tire needs to be replaced, especially considering the difficulties of finding the right sized tire in other countries. I'm thinking the Shinko 705 should be a good choice for Bolivia... it served me pretty well through Guatemala.