2009 KLR 685 in South America
I am putting up for sale my beloved 2009 KLR for sale.
The bike will be available in March, and I can deliver it to Chile/Argentina.
The bike has a clean California title (in hand), and it can be transferred to another individual from any Country in a reasonably straight forward manner.
I expect the bike to have around 36,000 miles on it by the end of the trip. I set this bike up for adventure touring, and outside of issues with the original luggage system that was fitted to the bike, it has been flawless riding from Los Angeles to where I am currently in Peru.
I am currently looking for around $3000 OBO for it. If the bikes condition changes between now and then, I will update this post.
- Bored out to 685cc by Wyman on KLR650.net at approx 18,000 miles. As of writing Bike has no noticeable oil consumption between oil changes every 2500miles. Valves were checked and valve seats reground at the same time.
- Happy Trails Center-stand
- Happy Trails Engine Guard
- Happy Trails Dakar Nerf bars/highway pegs (pegs are slightly bent)
- LED Indicators and rear sub fender removed
- E-M doohickey
- 1″ E-M raised rear suspension
- Grade 10 subframe bolts
- Removed Smog
- 22c Carb mod
- Uni Filter
- Removed kick-stand kill switch
- Odyssey Battery (will be 7months old at the end of the trip)
- 12V accessory outlet (currently not connected)
- Walmart seat cushion
- Bark Busters
Currently the bikes condition is mechanically excellent, aesthetically - average (yes, its a proper KLR
There is scratches on some of the plastics, a crack in the windscreen and on the front right fender.
GPS and mount shown in the pictures is not included, nor is the luggage shown (it has recently been removed for a new system)
(its the black one)
Last edited by Flys Lo; 24 Feb 2012 at 17:25.