Hi Det and Nol,
I went with motorbike last December from Marocco to Senegal and back.
- Driving license: If you go through Senegal, you might have problems with police around St. Louis, the rest is no problem at all. But: If you take your time with the policemen there it costs max. EUR 5,00 penalty.
- Insurance: Mauretania: at the boarder, West-Sahara (= Marocco): at the boarder I was asked by somebody, otherwise in the first town, as said before
- Dogs: I did not have any problems with dogs, Actually I cannot remember seen any.
- Visa: Only Mauretania is necessary
- Campsites: Nouadhibou: Baie du Levrier, Dhakla, before the police control turn to the right, Boujdour (in the middle of the town turn left, when coming from the South, there is a sign), Tan Tan Plage: Villa Ocean, very nice little hotel.
All the best to you. Enjoy the trip.