From Niger to Tunisia through Algeria with a Citroen 2CV in february 2007
I am currently doing a trip with a Citroen 2CV (not quite a motor bike but still a flat twin!) from France to India by Africa.
I now need to reach Tunisia from Niger and thus need to cross Algeria. I say it as if it bored me. It doesn't, I know it's great but it seems more complicated and more expensive than other countries).
I planned to leave Agadez on february 6th to reach Tamanrasset and then northern Algerai to Tunisia.
I am looking :
- For people doing the same trip at the same time to share things (happiness, problems, and costs)
- For recent and accurate information of any kind about this trip
Here is a non exhaustive list of the information i am looking for :
- How is the road from Agadez to Tam ? Is it easy/reasonable/difficult/impossible to do it with a Citroen 2CV? How long should it take ?
- Is there (never/sometimes/often/always) fuel (but not diesel, the other one that is leaded or unleaded) in the following places : Agadez ? Arlit ? In Guezzam ? Tamanrasset ?
- It is possible to get a 7 days transit visa for Algeria in Agadez with an invitation letter but : is it possible to renew it late in Tam or elsewhere (because it's almost impossible for my 2CV to cross Algeria in 7 days) ? Is it possible to get directly a 1 month visa in Niger (in Agadez or in Niamey) ?
- From where to where is a guide obligatory in Algeria ? up to Tam ? Up to Ghardaia ? If I stay a few days in Tam, do I need a guide there ?
- What are the classical prices of a guide : from Niger border to Tam ? from Tam to Ghardaia ? Who is the cheapest guide ?
- Any other relevant information ?
Thank you Chris Scott for your book because there is one page on the 2CV, because i learn a lot, because i laugh even more.