I’m Europe now and I wish to share my experience with border crossing. I considered two options:
Because of lack of time I’ve chosen second option.
1. I was crossing border at Taba-Eljat
At the Egypt side it was easy. You don’t need any fixer for doing all procedure with traffic police or customs. Border staff was helpful.
At the Israel side wasn’t so easy. I spent there more than 5 hours on detailed control of motorbike and me.
Finally, after 7 hours, I could enter Israel.
2. Riding the motorbike from Eljat to Hajfa was safe. I’ve chosen road number: 90, 25, 40 - Beer Sheva direction, 40, 7, 4, 2 – Telaviv/Hajfa direction.
3. Being in Hajfa I was sleeping at Port Inn Hotel - 34 Jaffa (Yafo) Road, Haifa. Location of hotel is very good. Very close to harbor (gate no. 5) and railway station.
Accommodation in Haifa | Port Inn
4. Shipping motorbike from Hajfa to Iskenderun Turkey was organized by Tiran Shipping Agency Tiran
Contact person: Oren Golani - Tiran Shipping, Mobile: +972-54-6718805, e-mail: OGolani@tiran.co.il
5. Loading motorbike to vessel was fully supported by Tiran Shipping. There was dedicated person as a fixer. Easy to do.
Costs: 200$ - motorbike, 100$ - Tiran fee, 250ILS – port tax
Tiran Shipping sent all details of motorbike shipping to Turman Shipping Iskenderun Turkey. [url=http://www.turman.com.tr]
+90 (326) 613 43 74 – 75
+90 (326) 614 20 57 – 58
+90 0 532 590 32 78
There’s no option for travelling as passenger on vessel.
6. Next day I was travelling from Hajfa to Iskenderun Turkey like this:
07.50: Train Hajfa – Telaviv Airport – easy, many options
11.55: Flight from Telaviv to Adana Turkey (by Istambul), Adana - 17.35
Adana Airport to Adana Bus Terminal – taxi
18.30: Bus from Adana to Iskenderun, Iskenderun 20.30
Costs: 41ILS – train to Telaviv Airport, 140$ - flight to Adana, 25TRY – taxi to bus terminal, 21TRY – bus to Iskenderun
7. Finally, on the next day, dedicated person from Turman Agency supports me with receiving my motorbike back.
Costs: 100$ - Turman fee.
I hope that all information will be helpful.
Regards - Rafael