Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Sahara Travel Forum (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/sahara-travel-forum/)
-   -   Fellow Companions Needed (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/sahara-travel-forum/fellow-companions-needed-16335)

SaharaDave 1 Aug 2005 06:37

Fellow Companions Needed
 
Hi Fellow Saharans, I am preparing Overlander Range Rover To go France, Spain,Morocco,and Mauritania and back (from uk) this is being done in Support of Breast Cancer Care, I am looking for another mixed crew (as is mine)to join, hopefully in JAN 2006 (feb latest)if not its 2007 when all sponsors found I will be able to assist with Fuel costs, Subject to Vetting and compatibility of course, (both ways) any Takers, I have Read the Book!!By Chris Scott, Excellent, I recomment, (Saharacrossing@aol.com)

[This message has been edited by SaharaDave (edited 04 August 2005).]

psionick 3 Aug 2005 12:12

Hi there.
Pity it,s not over the xmas period, as we will be on our way back by early january. Best of luck to you though.

SaharaDave 4 Aug 2005 06:19

Thanks for interest, but we decided why miss christmas and family or it night have been,if Christmas gets cancelled i will re think, Thanks, Dave

Landygirl 24 Aug 2005 04:42

I'm preparing LR 110 for trans-Africa trip, departing UK mid-December. There'll be 3 of us on board (all girls) and are looking to start in Morocco, heading into Mauritania, Mali, Chad, Niger, Libya (all depending on politics, famine, etc), then into Egypt (carnet costs depending) and down East side of Africa. A 10 month trip planned to get home to Cape Town, where I'm from.

Dave, you say you're looking for a mixed crew, but we'll be pretty prepared by then and are looking to join others along the way if itineraries suit. We don't have any fixed schedule and the 10 month timescale is flexible - it all depends on how things are going and if we like where we are. If not, we'll move on. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up.

If anyone else has tips/comments on proposed itinerary, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Bel

SaharaDave 24 Aug 2005 06:11

Quote:

Originally posted by Landygirl:
I'm preparing LR 110 for trans-Africa trip, departing UK mid-December. There'll be 3 of us on board (all girls) and are looking to start in Morocco, heading into Mauritania, Mali, Chad, Niger, Libya (all depending on politics, famine, etc), then into Egypt (carnet costs depending) and down East side of Africa. A 10 month trip planned to get home to Cape Town, where I'm from.

Dave, you say you're looking for a mixed crew, but we'll be pretty prepared by then and are looking to join others along the way if itineraries suit. We don't have any fixed schedule and the 10 month timescale is flexible - it all depends on how things are going and if we like where we are. If not, we'll move on. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up.

If anyone else has tips/comments on proposed itinerary, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Bel

Thanks for contact, Im curious to know if you have read book "Sahara Overland" I personally would steer clear of Niger, But up to you, Write to me direct we can exchange notes etc and chat, who knows? may even meet up, Saharacrossing@aol.com look forward to hearing from you, Dave

jeff_watts 24 Aug 2005 14:02

hi we're thinking of going back to africa but in early 2006, maybe too late for you..if you need some (relatively) recent info try our web site www.gonewandering.co.uk if theres any specific questions drop us an e mail

AndySabb 24 Aug 2005 14:36

Hiya,

I will be travelling to Gmabia from the 2nd January to the 24th January. I will ertainly be in Morocco by the 6th of Jan. Maybe we could meet up and drive part of the way down together, particularly Mauritania and maybe Western Sahara.

I will have Janet (wife) and my four daughters with me in a Land Rover Defender 110.

Yours

Andy

drop me a line at andrew"at"preaching.co.uk take the at out and the exclamation marks and replace with @


fons 24 Aug 2005 15:15

i will go to Maroc & Mauri in the end of Dec. But it can delay to earlier Jan. 2006 also. I will go with 2 persons with a Range Rover Classic.

we can team up from Calais.

fwang at tiscali dot be

Fons


kaspars 24 Aug 2005 15:55

I will go with two presons to Maroc, Mauri, Mali in mid - end December, in Toyota 4runner. Actually looking for company for Mauri - Mali section, and afterwards for Mauri - Alger - Tunis as well.

Richard K 24 Aug 2005 19:17

I'm also prepping a 110 in Manchester and planning maroc / mauri / mali for either early Jan or April (or hopefully both). Myself and my girlfriend went Tun/Lib/Egypt and down the East side in 2002/3. Happy to swap info, feel free to mail.

benleeke 24 Aug 2005 20:56

I'm going Cairo to the Cape from Jan 06 till end of April so perhaps we can all meet up along the way. We'll be going down the East if we can get into Sudan.

------------------
Ben Leeke
www.capabilityevents.co.uk

SaharaDave 25 Aug 2005 04:52

Quote:

Originally posted by Richard K:
I'm also prepping a 110 in Manchester and planning maroc / mauri / mali for either early Jan or April (or hopefully both). Myself and my girlfriend went Tun/Lib/Egypt and down the East side in 2002/3. Happy to swap info, feel free to mail.
Hi Thanks for contact, My email is Saharacrossing@aol.com please write, I would like to stay in touch, My trip all depends my fuel sponsors, if not in place then it will be Jan 2006, but please write, Dave


SaharaDave 25 Aug 2005 04:57

Hi jeff, I am hoping for Jan 2006, All depends on fuel sponsors, so please write to me at Saharacrossing@aol.com and we can stay in touch, and hopefully link up, Dave


SaharaDave 25 Aug 2005 05:00

Quote:

Originally posted by kaspars:
I will go with two presons to Maroc, Mauri, Mali in mid - end December, in Toyota 4runner. Actually looking for company for Mauri - Mali section, and afterwards for Mauri - Alger - Tunis as well.
Hi, Please write to me at Saharacrossing@aol.com we can stay in touch, Dave


SaharaDave 25 Aug 2005 05:02

Quote:

Originally posted by benleeke:
I'm going Cairo to the Cape from Jan 06 till end of April so perhaps we can all meet up along the way. We'll be going down the East if we can get into Sudan. Many Thanks for contact But It does not fit in with my route, I wish you the Best of Luck, Take care, Dave




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:58.


vB.Sponsors