we have just crossed Egypt, coming from Khartoum (Sudan), and are now in Jordan.
Some views back:
* road from Khartoum North to Abu Dom is tar, from there to Dongola working on new road (now dust), from Dongola up North to Wadi Halfa at least 2-3 days, but with some local petrol stations (even accepted U$). Last 150 km severe corrugations (worst part between Cape Town and here !)
* Egypt: Port of Nuweiba (from Jordan) is very efficient as hundreds of trucks pass here in a week. Port of Aswan (to Sudan), slow as traffic police has to come from city to port, and they come only once every some days. Remember that strech Luxor-Qena-Hurgada-Cairo is in convoi (unless you talk at every checkpoint every 50 km).
* For info on cost of ferry connection Aswan-Wadi Halfa, see my info from some wks ago on this site below.
* For Sudan now again travel permit required if traveling out of Khartoum to South / Gedaref / Ethiopia
* See our website www.vtv1.nl/adriveforwildlife
for some travel-reports
Greetings from Petra/Jordan