To get a visa you need
* Passport valid for at least another six months
* Two or three recent passport-sized photographs
* One, two or three copies of the completed application form
* Proof of adequate financial means for your stay
* Proof of employment in the country of your residence
* Proof of reservation with an Algerian hotel or tour operator
* A return ticket when traveling by air or sea
If you are traveling to the south of Algeria, notably the Sahara desert, you must also submit your travel itinerary. This must include the places you intend to visit and the dates you will be traveling between them.
You must also provide details of the guide, Algerian or foreign, who will accompany you on your journey through the region.
If you have been invited to Algeria by an Algerian citizen, you must also produce a "certificate of accommodation" signed by your host.
I'd like to go Niger to Algeria then on to Morocco in 2007. Err of course I'll be on a motorcycle .. not be worth the ruddy trouble! Guides, not letting people accross boarders... mutter mutter. Back to the previous thoughts.
[This message has been edited by Frank Warner (edited 10 January 2006).]
Regards Frank Warner
motorcycles BMW R80 G/S 1981, BMW K11LT 1993, BMW K75 G/S