Santiago - Ushuaia refining my route!
EDITED as i posted without finishing.
looking to leave santiago on tuesday 7th dec, on my suzuki 125 soon. Yep i know its a small bike. But its light cheap and hey anything is possible!!
Heading south to ushuaia. My rough idea of a route for the first major section of my trip is as follows but im looking for ideas on alternatives, what you think to the route and suggestions on must see places or roads - bearing in mind i am looking for good photo oppurtunities for landscapes and interesting towns etc.
- Santiago to Mendoza (from Upsallata which road is the most scenic to take?)
- Head south along the Ruta 40 down to Las Lajas. Any suggestions along this route?
- Cross back into Chile at the Pino Hachado crossing. Any issues? However i do want to see Bariloche in argentina as ive heard really good things about this area. Is there a better way to combine both the Lake District on Chile and Bariloche??
- If i do 3 then from Pino Hachado ill head to Villarrica. do some travel around the lake district. Any cool trips you did around here?
- Puerto Mont south via the caretta Austral. Is it possible to cross into Argentina from Villa Ohiggins? Or is the most south crossing from Coihaique? I also wondered if the whole thing is ridable or if ferries are required for certain sections?
- Ruta 40 again south and continue on to Ushuaia. Maybe include Puerto Natales!
Any info would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks allready for the comments below.
Me and my suzuki EN125 will be travelling 20'000km through South America - who said life was dull!!!!!
Last edited by eddiep; 3 Dec 2010 at 19:14.