Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Route Planning (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/route-planning/)
-   -   Fastest route from Astrakhan to Nukus? (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/route-planning/fastest-route-from-astrakhan-nukus-63895)

vdh-be 23 Apr 2012 16:49

Fastest route from Astrakhan to Nukus?
 
Me and a friend are planning to go to the stans this summer from Belgium via Russia so I want some recent info on the roads.
We can do Astrakhan - Atyrau - Beyneu - Nukus
OR
Saratov - Uralsk - Aktobe - Aralsk
We want the fastest route (asphalt as much as possible) so we can spend more time in the stans.
Gr,
Vincent:mchappy:

vdh-be 24 Apr 2012 17:11

Pamir highway
 
Is 5 days enough to ride from Dushanbe to Osh?

colebatch 24 Apr 2012 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdh-be (Post 376585)
Me and a friend are planning to go to the stans this summer from Belgium via Russia so I want some recent info on the roads.
We can do Astrakhan - Atyrau - Beyneu - Nukus
OR
Saratov - Uralsk - Aktobe - Aralsk
We want the fastest route (asphalt as much as possible) so we can spend more time in the stans.
Gr,
Vincent:mchappy:

Astrakhan, Atyrau, Beyneu, Nukus ... its 3 days ... one night in each of the towns

colebatch 24 Apr 2012 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdh-be (Post 376732)
Is 5 days enough to ride from Dushanbe to Osh?

yes it is

vdh-be 24 Apr 2012 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by colebatch (Post 376734)
Astrakhan, Atyrau, Beyneu, Nukus ... its 3 days ... one night in each of the towns

Any off road in this part?

colebatch 24 Apr 2012 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdh-be (Post 376740)
Any off road in this part?

There is gravel highway ... that full size road freight trucks also drive at 90 km/h... for about 280 km - its pretty much all dead straight.

If full size loaded freight trucks can do it at 90 km/h, any motorcycle can do it at 90+ km/h including Japanese sports bikes, or gold wings or harleys or whatever.

From Beyneu to the border (80 km ) is gravel and about the first 200 km in Uzbekistan is gravel.

vdh-be 24 Apr 2012 18:14

Which route do you advice to take from Bishkek back to Ukraïne?

colebatch 24 Apr 2012 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdh-be (Post 376744)
Which route do you advice to take from Bishkek back to Ukraïne?

Shymkent, Kyzyl Orda, Aralsk, Aktyubinsk (aktube), Uralsk, Saratov ...

vdh-be 24 Apr 2012 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by colebatch (Post 376749)
Shymkent, Kyzyl Orda, Aralsk, Aktyubinsk (aktube), Uralsk, Saratov ...

How many days do we need for that without being to tired? 6,7

We are both driving BMW F800GS
I was planning Brussels to Bukhara in 11 days and Bishkek to Brussels in 12, 13 days. That should give us 2 weeks for Uzbekistan, Tadjikistan and Kyrgistan.
Are the roads in Russia and Ukraïne ok to ride 500 - 600km a day?

Our route:
Brussels - Bukhara 11days
Bukhara visit town 1day
Bukhara - Samarqand 1 day
Samarqand visit town 1 day
Samarqand – Dushanbe 1 day
5 days Dushanbe – Osh 1228 km Pamir highway!!!
5 days Osh – Karakol - Bishkek 1338 km
Bishkek - Brussels 12 days

colebatch 25 Apr 2012 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdh-be (Post 376755)
Are the roads in Russia and Ukraïne ok to ride 500 - 600km a day?

Yes, as long as you dont faff around too much with stops, and start early.

vdh-be 25 Apr 2012 15:17

Thanks a lot for your info!:thumbup1:

vicreuter 28 Apr 2012 20:26

Hi,
What are your travel dates?
Eric (XT660) and myself (GS1200) are leaving Brussels August 1st and plan to be in Osh August 30.
cu
vic

vdh-be 28 Apr 2012 20:35

Hi, we are leaving 29/06 and plan to be back 06/08. So maybe we will pass you somewhere on the way if you are planning to go via Russia!

Revenue 29 Apr 2012 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by colebatch (Post 376734)
Astrakhan, Atyrau, Beyneu, Nukus ... its 3 days ... one night in each of the towns

Walter
Can you recommend any good Hair Dressers in Uzbekistan i feel i will be needing a hair cut by the time we get there!!!!!

colebatch 1 May 2012 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revenue (Post 377257)
Walter
Can you recommend any good Hair Dressers in Uzbekistan i feel i will be needing a hair cut by the time we get there!!!!!

Hahahhahaq

I can recommend a good looking one !!

but thats different from a good one!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:23.


vB.Sponsors