Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Route Planning (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/route-planning/)
-   -   Around South America (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/route-planning/around-south-america-42794)

aldillo 16 May 2009 04:58

Around South America
 
Hi all.

By august I will start this trip that I been waiting for so long (and this site help me a lot in putting everything together). Anyway, I'll start in Lima going south, a want to get to Cusco, Puno and after that all the way to Tierra del Fuego. Make may way up thru Brazil, then Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador and back to Peru.
All this in 5 or 6 months or until the money is gone.

This will be my first long trip so every advice about road to take, places to visit, must see cities and towns are more then welcome. Also if somebody like to join me on the way is welcome too.

charapashanperu 27 May 2009 20:37

Who are you, and what are you riding?
 
Aldillo,

Who are you means: what do you like? are you a people person? Are you looking for historical places, or just the wild country? Do you camp, do hostels, or nice hotels.... who are you? :confused1:

What do you ride? This may limit you to what roads you can take. Are you OK with gravel? If you leave in Aug that will put you in central Brazil in the rainy season :stormy:(NOT good!). :nono:

Con nombre de Aldillo, e iniciando en Lima, supongo que eres Peruano. eh? Tambien lo soy, pues gringo de apariencia, pero llevo mas de 30 anos en mi querrida Peru. Estoy para servirte. Pues vea mi blog (abajo) de mi ultimo viaje Peru-Brazil-Bolivia-Peru. :mchappy:

Abrazos, Toby

howzitgoineh 30 May 2009 05:53

This is largely a post just to get my count up so I can PM people. You should check the thread on the travelers seeking travelers forum:

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...-highway-41808

Hay una lista de email para las personas que viajan a America del Sur este ano.

suerte, john b.

aldillo 9 Jun 2009 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by charapashanperu (Post 243640)
Aldillo,

Who are you means: what do you like? are you a people person? Are you looking for historical places, or just the wild country? Do you camp, do hostels, or nice hotels.... who are you? :confused1:

What do you ride? This may limit you to what roads you can take. Are you OK with gravel? If you leave in Aug that will put you in central Brazil in the rainy season :stormy:(NOT good!). :nono:

Con nombre de Aldillo, e iniciando en Lima, supongo que eres Peruano. eh? Tambien lo soy, pues gringo de apariencia, pero llevo mas de 30 anos en mi querrida Peru. Estoy para servirte. Pues vea mi blog (abajo) de mi ultimo viaje Peru-Brazil-Bolivia-Peru. :mchappy:

Abrazos, Toby

Hi Toby

I wan to see the most I can, love nature, people and culture.
Not much off road experience, but I look forward to improve that on this trip.
Camp the most I can 'cause my budget.
I ride a '05 BMW F650GS DAKAR.
I think I answer most of your questions, but to now who I am we have to do a trip together.

Si broder, soy peruano tambien, espero nos podramos conocer en algun momento. Pero por ahora gracias por responder y por los datos. Mi ingles no es muy bueno pero hice lo posible pa que todos puedan entender. Ahora si te puedo decir que he mochiliado mucho de chibolo y no me intersa dormir en el piso ni matar mi propia comida, aunque seria mejor no tener que hacerlo, ja. Veo que tienes experiencia en la zona, asi que derrepente me puedes ayudar dandome una idea de cual seria un presupuesto para este tipo de viaje, cuanto se calcula diario?

THANKS

aldillo 9 Jun 2009 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by howzitgoineh (Post 243933)
This is largely a post just to get my count up so I can PM people. You should check the thread on the travelers seeking travelers forum:

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...-highway-41808

Hay una lista de email para las personas que viajan a America del Sur este ano.

suerte, john b.


Hi John.

Thanks for the link, I'm sure it will help me a lot

charapashanperu 10 Jun 2009 13:39

Are you in Lima now?
 
Aldillo,

I am traveling to Peru for a ride and some volunteer work in July. Do you live in Lima? Look for a PM in your box, so that I can give you details of my arrival...

Yo y mi esposa Sara estaremos encantados de verte en Lima antes de nuestro viaje a Cuzco para rentar una moto para ir a Ayacucho... :mchappy:

Bill n Sue 17 Jun 2009 14:25

Hammock boat
 
It´s a great journey my friend, but be prepared for some crapy roads! and some places where there are no roads.
I´ve done your trip the other way around. I came through Colombia and Venezuela. In brazil I came down through Boa Vista to Manaus (be careful here!) and put my bike on a ´hammock boat´, and travelled up river to Porto Velho - fantastic trip. From Porto Velho I picked up a road again and travelled down to Campo Grande in the Pantanal (great wild life) via Cuiaba. Then across to Rio via Sao Paulo. Keep us posted on your progres:thumbup1:s!

PocketHead 18 Jun 2009 03:23

Hey man, feel free to drop past in Sucre Bolivia, we have a bit of a dirt-bike possie here

Tshusband 18 Jun 2009 04:29

Laptop holding up OK?
 
Hi Adam,
I saw in your blog thast you are carrying the eeePC with you. Could you tell me if it's holding up the the rough roads? Do you pack it horizontally or vertically? How long have you been in South America?

Thanks.

markharf 18 Jun 2009 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldillo (Post 245445)
Mi ingles no es muy bueno.....

Es falso! Tu ingles es muy bueno. Puedes estar orgulloso.

Suerte y buen viajes.

aldillo 4 Jul 2009 18:58

Hello all.

I want to apologize for to long that toke me to write back.
But I just read the post and I want to thanks, too, for the comments and I hope we keep in contact.
For now I'm just waiting to have my papers together so I can start the adventure.

Cheers and happy riding.

PocketHead 5 Jul 2009 03:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tshusband (Post 246762)
Hi Adam,
I saw in your blog thast you are carrying the eeePC with you. Could you tell me if it's holding up the the rough roads? Do you pack it horizontally or vertically? How long have you been in South America?

Thanks.

Hi, the eeePC has been great, I've dropped it several times and it still works fine! been over here for almost 7 months now, probably a bit longer as well though I'm leaving Bolivia for a while.

charapashanperu 9 Jul 2009 17:55

Hi Bill-n-Sue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill n Sue (Post 246661)
It´s a great journey my friend, but be prepared for some crapy roads! and some places where there are no roads.
I´ve done your trip the other way around. I came through Colombia and Venezuela. In brazil I came down through Boa Vista to Manaus (be careful here!) and put my bike on a ´hammock boat´, and travelled up river to Porto Velho - fantastic trip. From Porto Velho I picked up a road again and travelled down to Campo Grande in the Pantanal (great wild life) via Cuiaba. Then across to Rio via Sao Paulo. Keep us posted on your progres:thumbup1:s!

Bill-n-Sue,

We also (in July 2007) traveled the same Porto Velho to Iguazu route. :mchappy: I would love to compare notes. My blog of the trip (w/ pix) is below. PM me. Where are you now?

Toby

demoes 3 Jan 2011 00:02

Planning a retirement trip around the north end of South America starting in Georgetown Guyana to Boa Vista down to Manus; then taking a river boat to Macapa and riding north to French Giuena to Surinam and eventually back to Georgetown, Guyana, I understand that a few folks did some or parts of this ride and would appreciate any help such a budgeting, safety and precautations, road conditions, border crosings and how long this trip might take.

Regards.

Moe

markharf 3 Jan 2011 01:43

You could help by saying whether you've done a search and found posts by, for example, myself, EasyG and others describing these routes. If you have, and you've still got questions, ask away. If not, your work is cut out for you.

How are you getting to Georgetown?

Mark

Edit to add: sorry, just noticed this is someone else's thread, about something else. You should probably start your own and title it appropriately. This makes it more likely you'll get responses and doesn't derail what the OP intended.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:21.


vB.Sponsors