Just to share, here my experience on getting visas for Azerbaidshan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
Azerbaidshan: 3 working days in Istanbul, no problem. cost 60 Euros.
I am in Ankara right now, wait for my Turmen visa till Monday. Here the facts how I got it:
- went to Turkmen embassy in Istanbul, gave them copy of passport.
- after 7 working days they received confirmatin from Ashgabat which I had them redirect to Ankara.
- In the meanwhile I went to Ankara, applied for Uzbekistan visa. Same deal, takes about one week until confirmation comes. I did a round trip to Antalya (awesome backcountry roads through part of the Taurus mountains) and got a week of fantastic climbing in.
- Now I am back in Ankara, collected the Uzbek visa, but was too late to do the Turkmen.
- Wait till Monday to get Turkmen visa
60$+20$ for Uzbekistan
51$(same day service) for Turkmenistan
LOI not needed
hope somebody can use this info, dont hesitate asking questions.
btw, has anybody info on getting Tadjik visa en route?