Japan, Russia, Mongolia, Stands.. with a 4wd
We are currently in South Africa, planning our Asia part of our trip.
Unfortunatly we are running out of time to do some planning (or we will never get in Japan on time). Some assistance in filling the gaps would be highly appreciated:
- Japan: seems to be OK, we have the Carnet, we would arrive in Nagoya, drive to fishiki and ship from their to Vladivostok
- Russia: We still have to find a LOI (stantours.com seems to be recommended). Has anybody applied for a multi-entry bussines visa in Japan? Or maybe Tanzania? 3 months might be too little time for us, do we really need an AIDS test if we want a visa for 1 year. Any prices of all this would be nice as well
- Mongolia: Where would be the easiest to get our visa? Japan? Russia (where?)? I heard of 50US$/person for 1 month, would that be correct?
- Kazakhstan: I heard mixed reports about the requirement of a LOI, most recent said that it is no longer needed. Correct? What would be a good embassy to apply for? Price?
- No Idea how we will go from there, any suggested itineraries welcomed, we eventually have to get into Africa again (Egypt)
Thanks a lot!
Frederik & Josephine