Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   North America (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/north-america/)
-   -   Entering the US from Mexico by motorcycle, what I need? (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/north-america/entering-us-mexico-motorcycle-what-60837)

zaplaje 21 Dec 2011 15:15

Entering the US from Mexico by motorcycle, what I need?
Hello, I will start my first mega-trip on January from SAntiago, Chile, to tierra del fuego and the north. Our personal papers (we will be 2up) are ready, passports, Visas, etc, but I don't know if my motorcycle needs special papers, ensurance or something like that in the moment we reach the US/Mex border.

And a chilean company said to me that I need a international drivers license to drive in the US and Canada, is that true? because I readed that I can drive with my chilean driver license

Can you help me please? thanks!

HendiKaf 23 Dec 2011 00:17

Many travellers use the international driver license in US but I don't think it is needed , my family come and rent cars with french driver licence, you will need your title and in some state insurance for the bike .

Growler 23 Dec 2011 02:58

I don't think you need an International Drivers licence for Canada but for the small amount of dollars it might be good to have. I have always obtained an International licence when I left North America but have never been asked for it.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:14.