confused, drawned, lost... Help pls !
I bought a Garmin 60 Csx device. Want to load maps to Map source first to have a look and then to micro SD card. But can't.
Could anyone please desribe me how to load new maps to map source and transfer it to device?
1. I've downloaded a free map named Slovenia-0707151819-src on the net which is a zip file.
2. Unzipped it. Now I have a map named : gmapsupp.img Renamed it as: Slovenia_gmapsupp.img
3. From the program Map source I click to : Open and I try to open Slovenia_gmapsupp.img from related destination. Map source says: invalid map sorce file and couldn't be opened.
How to load a map to micro SD card or to device?
1. I have an Adriatic map and would like to transfer it to device or micro Sd card. But how? Adria map is on desktop as a file. What happens if I load it in to my Garmin file?
2. Can I transfer it via USB cable to device?
3. Can I transfer it via a card reader in to micro Sd and then put the micro Sd in to Gps device?
4. Map files are only .img ? Can I load any other map files than .img? Like .mp?
gmapsupp.img is an already pre-compiled map for for GPS device, you can't simply open it in MapSource. You need to just copy the file into your GPS's memory card, put it into folder named Garmin, like X:\Garmin if your memory card shows up as drive X: on your PC (you connect your GPS via USB cable and then from GPS menu choose to connect as mass storage device). You must keep name gmapsupp.img, otherwise GPS will not reckognize it. If that file already exists on your memory card then you have already loaded some maps to the card. If you overwrite your existing file then existing maps will be deleted. If you have no MapSource installation for this map then you can't easily load multiple maps into your GPS, but only can have this one map and as soon as you send more maps from MapSource, this map will be overwitten with new maps. You can put it on a separate memory card, though, and then switch the cards.
Extracted zip files. Has files (all free) with different names unzipped like Turkiye.img, 10619000.img, gmapsupp.img
Loaded each map to micro SD card which came on the device to look what happens. From the map page I've tried to set up map. Each time it shows only Americas marine basemap which comes with Garmin I guess.
What I do wrong?
1) Be sure you put gmapsupp.img in garmin folder on your GPS.
2) In your 60CSX display map page, then press Menu button to see menu on top of screen.
3) Move to "Map Setup - Information" tab (5th tab) that shows list of map fragments installed.
4) Press Menu button. Now you see all your maps available to GPS. Is your new map in that list? Note that you can also show/hide built in basemap from here or any other maps. If your new map is not listed then you probably did something wrong or there is problem with the gmapsupp.img file you loaded.
Also note that you need to move your position curson on screen to position on map that is covered with your new map (on your case say Slovenia) and then zoom in all the way. If you have zoomed out you may only see basemap, even if you have another map installed for that area as well. If you are in Turkey then you can only see Slovenian map when you move your map cursor to Slovenia and then zoom in enough. It does not jump automatically to Slovenia map when your position is in Turkey and you hide all maps other than Slovenian -- you need to move the map cursor for yourself to see different country if you are not there.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:01.|