Fun run to France - May 2009
Does anyone fancy a fun ride to France over the May bank holiday? A couple of years back I organised some Mini rallies from Blackpool to Paris, to raise a bit of cash for Breast Cancer Care and have a chance to get on the uncrowded French roads. Anyway I stumbled across all the bits of paper I'd gathered for it today. Only thing is, the Mini's gone and the bike's in it's place.
So anyone fancy something similar? Last time it was something like this:
- Meet Saturday morning and ride down through the UK to the Channel.
- Cross over-night to France
- Ride into Paris on Sunday - slap up meal on river cruise Sunday night, hotel near Eiffel Tower.
- Ride for the Channel on Monday, cross overnight and home Tuesday morning.
- All up cost a few years ago per car was £260 - but bikes'd be cheaper than that (I hope).
I have to say I don't fancy Blackie to Portsmouth so much anymore, so I'd wondered about making it a bit easier and going for London to Paris instead. Makes meeting up a bit easier as it doesn't have to be till lunchtime which might mean people don't have to find somewhere to stay Friday night.
Anyway just a thought, if anyone fancied it tack something on here or drop me a Pm or mail.
Happiness has 125 cc