Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Middle East (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/middle-east/)
-   -   Iran Visa Query (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/middle-east/iran-visa-query-59087)

Fantastic Mister Fox 9 Sep 2011 08:31

Iran Visa Query
 
My wife and I have been talking about the trip we would like to do in a few years.

Tracing our possible route on a would map sees Iran as our first possible visa problem.

My wifes late Father was an Persian national at the time of the revolution however he was exiled after the revolution happened. When he died he had relinquished his Iranian citizenship and was a UK national.

Is this going to make it difficult for my wife to get a visa??

Also reading the FCO website it says that if your Father was Iranian you may be treated as an Iranian national, they don't allow Dual citizenship and confiscate you British Passport??

Liz would dearly like to Visit Iran to see the country her Father spoke of to her but is this going to be a huge can (and risking loseing her British passport) of worms best avoided.

maximondo 9 Sep 2011 22:02

Just give it ago!
 
I don't think anyone can answer that questions, there just seams to be a hit and miss system of getting your authorisation code. With no reason why people get rejected.

Just give it a go, through a good tour operator (for the authorisation code part) then take your passport into your nominated embassy.

Good Luck - im going through the process for my second time! just remember it takes time allow at least one month!

Mehmet Zeki Avar 10 Sep 2011 00:11

Hi Danielle,
I think we have met somewhere on KKH.(Blue Tenere TR.number plated)In istanbul right now.Please give our club a call for a welcome party for u.
The world is getting more smaller!!!
Have a nice and safe trip.

İsmail Gümüş
istanbul bisiklet motosiklet ihtisas klübü | Facebook

Fantastic Mrs Fox 12 Sep 2011 18:48

I agree...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maximondo (Post 348601)
I don't think anyone can answer that questions, there just seams to be a hit and miss system of getting your authorisation code. With no reason why people get rejected.

Just give it a go, through a good tour operator (for the authorisation code part) then take your passport into your nominated embassy.

Good Luck - im going through the process for my second time! just remember it takes time allow at least one month!

...may try calling the embassy and see what they say too. In actual fact it turns out that my dad was an Iranian national until he died and wasnt exiled he just deided to leave due to all the unrest around the time of the revolution. This therefore makes it very possible that Iran consider me to be a national too...guess all I can do is apply and see what happens :unsure:

estebangc 12 Sep 2011 19:19

I would recommend you to talk to the British Embassy in Tehran, they may have experience on similar cases.

I guess your wife never had an Iranian passport, so confiscating a foreign passport is not like confiscating the library card, it is a big issue. They would refuse the visa first, I think.

Big thing to keep in mind: be really careful if your wife went to any demonstration against the Iranian regime, there are always people recording/taking pictures and she may be prosecuted when she comes back if she actually was Iranian in the past. I was told of a case while I was there.

Ah, get the visa application form and check it, since if I recall, they ask about any other current or previous citizenship or your parents citizenships. I would never lie them.

I had a hard time with the second visa (more than two months) and I guess I got it because I was absolutely transparent.

Fantastic Mrs Fox 12 Sep 2011 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by estebangc (Post 348826)
I would recommend you to talk to the British Embassy in Tehran, they may have experience on similar cases.

I guess your wife never had an Iranian passport, so confiscating a foreign passport is not like confiscating the library card, it is a big issue. They would refuse the visa first, I think.

Big thing to keep in mind: be really careful if your wife went to any demonstration against the Iranian regime, there are always people recording/taking pictures and she may be prosecuted when she comes back if she actually was Iranian in the past. I was told of a case while I was there.

Ah, get the visa application form and check it, since if I recall, they ask about any other current or previous citizenship or your parents citizenships. I would never lie them.

I had a hard time with the second visa (more than two months) and I guess I got it because I was absolutely transparent.

Didn't think about speaking to the British Embassy in Terhan - would be interesting to see if they have experience in similar cases.

Nope have never had an Iranian passport nor do I want to get one to be honest due to the risk of having my British one taken away on entry to Iran.

On a more positive note I guess...have never been actively involved in any demonstrations against the Iranian regime have so can't get into trouble over that if we end up going to Iran :cool4:

estebangc 12 Sep 2011 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantastic Mrs Fox (Post 348829)
Nope have never had an Iranian passport nor do I want to get one to be honest due to the risk of having my British one taken away on entry to Iran.

Happy to hear you increase your chances to get to Iran! Actually, being of Iranian descent cannot be considered as a delict itself, nor a reason to take your BRITISH passport away. I insist: that's a serious issue.

About women and Iranian passports, you could read Nahal Tajadod's "Tehran, Lipstick and loopholes". I read in original French (Passeport à l'iranienne) some months after visiting Iran and, despite the very bad reviews I find in Amazon.co.uk, I enjoyed it a lot (examples of târof, etc.). I do not know about the quality of the translation, but I am 100% sure it is much better understood for someone who has visited the country (otherwise it may look light very "light" literature).

Ah, I would definitely try to get to Iran. Once in there, things will be great. The only issue is to get the visa. Iranians are wonderful.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:58.


vB.Sponsors