Good thing is Iran isn't exacly a tourist horde yet. So basically there isn't much places you see loads of foreigners, maybe except the very highlights like the Persepolis, Imam square etc., and even there you see visitors are mostly made out of locals.
Couple of things coming into my mind:
- Visit zurkhaneh training in Yazd.
- Camp off the road in the mountains in the moddle of the amazing Dasht-e-Kavir desert.
- Loads of stunning scenery roads in both Caspian and Zagros mountains. Just take small dirt tracks off the main roads, experience the breathtaking hospitality of the iranians in their very poor villages made out of clay!
- There's a less known mosque in Shahreza. Which has stunning details.
- Experience the ways of life with Iran nomads.
If you're interested to visit Iran nomads, I can give you a contact in Esfahan who can organize it.
Ride safe, Margus
Last edited by Margus; 26 Mar 2008 at 09:35.