Transalp questions & impressions
I have just had my first long ride on a recently purchased Transalp 650.
So far so good, but noticed the temp guage barely shifted when warmed - is this typical ? The fuel guage also took an age to move, then dropped quickly - however fuel consumption was good at just over 21 km/litre (about 58 mpg).
Other 1st impressions are (compared to 650 Vstrom)
1. Very long 1st gear on transalp
2. Gearbox very light - changes with a stroke of the foot !
3. Power much lower - Vstrom would piss-bowl transalp.
4. Torquier than vstrom at low revs.
5. Wind blast - vstrom screen better than Givi hi-screen on transalp.
6. Cruising - while capable of higher speeds, transalp most comfortable at 90-100 kph. Vstrom can comfortably cruise faster.
7. Consumption - very similar when averaging about 90-100 kph.
I bought mine brand new just before Christmas and though I haven't done any long trips yet due to a thumb injury, I'd have to agree with most of your comments. The buffetting is quite sever too and most owners seem to find the bigger screen a better option, from what I've read so far. All in all though, I'm still very happy with the purchase.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:24.|