Ferry Cyprus - Greece
Anyone know if there is a service running ? I've looked at Girmaldi but it takes several days....
Via Turkey isnt really an option as I'll be short of time..
Is Salamis running ?
Plan A. is to ship it back but at a cost of €1000 - €450 being for the create !! and as I’m there on holiday I don’t have the facilities to build a create. The shipping company has gone a little quiet, I hope its because of holidays or technical troubles not that they no longer want to help !!
Plan B. fly out in August / September and ride it back – so ideally if I did this I would want to spend as much time in Greece as I drove through on my way down…
Do you fancy riding it home ?
I can think of worse things to do then riding a nice Africa Twin from Cyprus to Belgium...
Any news on ferries between Cyprus and the continent?
I have 4 (max 5) days off next week, I was planning on a little solo bike trip anyway...
You have my details if you think this is a possiblity..
2006-2007-2008 : Brussels - Cape town - Tokio - Lubumbashi - Brussels
Cyprus - Belgium
Fred, I leave on Sunday for a 2 week holiday in Cyprus with the wife, we plan on using the bike as transport around the island. We then have a family wedding on the last Friday, hense not riding home.. I guess your holiday is limited to next week... I'll shoot you a mail directly...
Dear, Miss Svetlana
RORO - Ferry service Piraeus - Limas sol - Piraeus, AND Limas sol - Haifa “PONTOS" & "NOTOS
We received your inquiry and would like to confirm that we provide connection between Piraeus and Limassol twice a week. Salamis Lines provide 2 RORO Vessels - “PONTOS" & "NOTOS”suitable to meet your requirements in a fast, safe, professional and most economical way.
* Sailing from Piraeus every Monday and Thursday afternoons -
* Arriving Limas sol every Wednesday and Saturday in the mornings.
* Return Sailings from Limassol to Piraeus every Tuesday and Friday afternoons
* Arriving Piraeus every Thursday and Sunday mornings.
* Our Vessels also serve Limas sol - Haifa - Limas sol with the same direct frequency.
* OUR VESSELS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCEPT PASSENGERS, BUT ONLY LORRY DRIVERS ..
Our Office in Piraeus and contact persons are as below:
Salamis Shipping (Hellas) S.A
5-7, Filelinon STR, 18536, Piraeus
Tel. +30210 4529 555 Fax. +30210 4528384
Att: Mrs. Mina Christodoulou (Email: email@example.com)
For detailed procedure, Documentation needed and charges applicable, you may also contact Piraeus Office
FOR YOUR GUIDANCE: * Sea Freight charge is based on the Length of the Vehicle.
PRIVATE - SALON CARS UNDER 4, 5 MTR LONG ARE CHARGED AS BELOW:
* PIRAEUS - LIMASSOL = EUR 400 ALL IN INCLUDING FREIGHT & PORT CHARGES (EXCLUDING CPA TAXES LIMASSOL)
* LIMASSOL - PIRAEUS = EUR 300 ALL IN INCLUDING FREIGHT & PORT CHARGES PLUS PIRAEUS AGENCY = EUR 30 /CAR (EXCLUDING CPA TAXES LIMASSOL)
PRIVATE - SALON CARS OVER 4, 5 MTR LONG ARE CHARGED AS BELOW:
* PIRAEUS - LIMASSOL = EUR 460 ALL IN INCLUDING FREIGHT & PORT CHARGES (EXCLUDING CPA TAXES LIMASSOL)
* LIMASSOL - PIRAEUS = EUR 3 60 ALL IN INCLUDING FREIGHT & PORT CHARGES (EXCLUDING CPA TAXES LIMASSOL)
CPA WHARFAGES ARE PAID DIRECTLY TO THE PORT AUTHORITY:
CARS UNDER 2000 KGS = EUR 60 EACH.......... CARS OVER 2000 KGS = EUR160 EACH
IMPORTANT REMARKS: Sailing schedules and Itinerary may change WITH or WITHOUT NOTICE...
DRIVERS GUIDE HOW TO PROCEED FOR LOADING A PRIVATE CAR IN PIRAEUS
You haveto follow the below procedure to have your car shipped.1) The same day of departure must go directly to IKONIO Port (4 klm from the main
Port of Piraeus, to the directionof PERAMA, the Area is called '' KERATSINI ‘‘) in
Order to pass the vehicle from Custom’s control.
The customs Area is called G 8 (Gamma Okto in Greek pronounce)and this is the area
Which our vessels are operating usually. Driver has to be there between 09:00 hrs
UNTIL 13:00 hrs. During this time the Customs store is OPEN - Operating!
The driver can get directions also from our Piraeus office.
The following docs must be presented at customs office:
Passport or I.D. card of the owner of the car, the vehicle'slog book or Registration
Certificate and the International Car Insurance.
2) No need to proceed for passport control when owner will not accompany his vehicle.
3) After passing from customs office the ownerof the carhas to drive the car directly to
The loading vessel and deliver the keys to the person in charge - Salamis Lines.
In case you need further details please feel free to contact us
Salamis Shipping Services Ltd
Tel. 00357 25 899999
Fax 00357 25 563426
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 Registered Users and/or Members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Israel Haifa ferry to Cyprus||Ashjames||Route Planning||3||19 Apr 2011 21:12|
|Are there any car ferries from Israel to Turkey, Cyprus, Greece, etc.?||monkii||Middle East||26||18 Aug 2009 06:12|
|bike transport by ferry from cyprus to egypt||vicky250gt||Trip Transport||4||24 May 2009 09:37|
|Ferry from Limassol (Cyprus) to Athens||JoeSheffer||Europe||3||12 Jul 2006 03:28|
|Ferry from greece to turkey ??||hewi||Trip Transport||4||29 Apr 2003 20:29|