Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Equipping the Bike - what's the best gear? (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/equipping-bike-whats-best-gear/)
-   -   Recommend me a two-way intercom which doesn't cost your first born child.... (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/equipping-bike-whats-best-gear/recommend-me-two-way-intercom-63935)

*Touring Ted* 25 Apr 2012 15:25

Recommend me a two-way intercom which doesn't cost your first born child....
 
Me and the boss are looking for a two way intercom system...

We're going to be doing plenty of long distance stuff in the future so I'd like to hear her screams of fear etc and she wants to be able to call me a F***ing A***hole when the mood takes her.... :whistle:

Anyway, we had a look at the Scala stuff but it comes up at nearly £300 for two way blue tooth stuff..

ABSOLUTE RIP OFF !! NO CHANCE !!!

Can anyone recommend anything else ? I'd really prefer to keep it wireless if possible though.

Thanks in advance folks.

*Touring Ted* 25 Apr 2012 16:02

I've found this cabled one for about £100.

Looks really good with excellent reviews.

Midland AE600S Rider Pillion Intercom - Demon Tweeks

John933 25 Apr 2012 18:15

I got a set that I brought for me and my lass. She never got on with them. This is two radio's. So it's one each. Used once in the living room to the kitchen. Then put back in the boxes.

£100 for the pair???

E Mail me at
Journeyman933910@aol.com

I knew I had some picture's some where...

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t26/John933/Radios/

John933

RTWbyBIKE.com 26 Apr 2012 03:26

I bought my scala rider via Ebay USA and let it ship to Germany... 130USD for the whole set.

e.g.: http://-delete-www.ebay.com/itm/CARD...5e56fb&vxp=mtr

^^I dont know how it is to post direct links in here so delete the "-delete-"^^

137, but maybe you can bring him down to 130USD+shipping


We are using this one for 2up, 30.000km, in the rain, in the desert, it just works great (knonck on wood)

it doesnt have the range for 2 bikes I guess, for two you have to get the G4 230 USD about

*Touring Ted* 26 Apr 2012 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by John933 (Post 376860)
I got a set that I brought for me and my lass. She never got on with them. This is two radio's. So it's one each. Used once in the living room to the kitchen. Then put back in the boxes.

£100 for the pair???

E Mail me at
Journeyman933910@aol.com



I knew I had some picture's some where...

Radios pictures by John933 - Photobucket

John933

cheers but it's not quite the system I'm looking for.



Quote:

Originally Posted by RTWbyBIKE.com (Post 376909)
I bought my scala rider via Ebay USA and let it ship to Germany... 130USD for the whole set.

e.g.: http://-delete-www.ebay.com/itm/CARD...5e56fb&vxp=mtr

^^I dont know how it is to post direct links in here so delete the "-delete-"^^

137, but maybe you can bring him down to 130USD+shipping


We are using this one for 2up, 30.000km, in the rain, in the desert, it just works great (knonck on wood)

it doesnt have the range for 2 bikes I guess, for two you have to get the G4 230 USD about


I'll check it out. Thanks !

Bertrand 26 Apr 2012 12:03

Advanced communications
 
For you Ted, the ideal are those... (please engage sense of humour and read on!)
Cheaper than chips...
Hand signals!!!!!
  • waterproof
  • self explanatory
  • totally thief proof
  • no batteries or mounts required
  • Work worldwide on land/in the air/under water
  • Can be updated at zero time notice
  • weigh nothing
  • and saves your eardrums from her 'ramblings' !!:taz:!!
  • :rofl:
  • OK OK, :blushing:I'll get my coat!

*Touring Ted* 26 Apr 2012 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand (Post 376938)
For you Ted, the ideal are those... (please engage sense of humour and read on!)
Cheaper than chips...
Hand signals!!!!!
  • waterproof
  • self explanatory
  • totally thief proof
  • no batteries or mounts required
  • Work worldwide on land/in the air/under water
  • Can be updated at zero time notice
  • weigh nothing
  • and saves your eardrums from her 'ramblings' !!:taz:!!
  • :rofl:
  • OK OK, :blushing:I'll get my coat!



Im 110% on your side...

I'll leave it to you to explain that to the missis though.

I wish you the best of luck :gun_bandana:

RTWbyBIKE.com 26 Apr 2012 15:00

Once I heared through the intercom:

"DID YOU JUST SWICH THE INTERCOM OFF!!!!!!?

no no its just the batteries.... :innocent:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:38.


vB.Sponsors