I have the Halverssn safety 1 jacket.. and my take:
-off the body it weighs a ton or maybe a ton and a half.
- the "style" of the kevlar over jacket is not me.. it is very "floopy" .. (my wife says ugly)
- the arm cuffs on the kevlar over jacket are fleece so when they get wet they soak it up like a spong
- you have to pay extra for a back pad
- once on you cant feel it
-the inner jacket fits well and the armour does not move
-you cant feel the armour once on.
-I like the fact tthat both the jacket and the armour are CE aprroved (only one in the world As far as i know)
- you have 100's of options for venting
- except the cuffs the jacket is 100% water proof.
- it is the first jacket that i felt 100% safe in (jsut by fit and feel)
- the versitlity of the layer system if great! I have road with just the inner and it was nice.. and still safe..
- I did tecseal the jacket but it was not needed. (I just do that as a matter of habbit).
- like the changeable colour strip,.. hi-vis too
-I have been in abslutly soaking rain.. and stayed dry
All in all i would give it a 8/10.. (but i have never given a jacket more then 5/10 before this)...
I am a bush walker so i am used to the layer system and really like it.
Skellers yamaha Yamaha Motorcycle Dealers - Yamaha Motorbikes and Scooters, Cheltenham, Worcester UK
have the range and they are a great company to deal with.
WARNING: at the same time i purchased a pair of lindstrands (a sub-branch of jofama)..Gi-pants.. they fit great but fell apart with in a week... Jonh and Skellers gave me replaced them each time and yet they still fell to bits.. so stick with halversson