A few BMW fixes
I managed to do a wheel bearing on New Year's Eve about 10 years ago, no chance of getting a replacement for days.
I then remembered that BMW in its wisdom had kept wheel bearings, head stem bearings and swing arm bearings all the same.
I pulled out one of the swing arm bearings and used that for the wheel. Wound in the swing arm adjuster as far as i could, got two pieces of wood and some fencing wire and made the rear end as rigid as I could.
Got me home - about 600kms. I bought a spare wheel bearing after that.
A riding friend had managed to crack a mag wheel on an R100, we ended up using duct tape and fencing wire to try and stop the mag wheel flexing too much, we filled the tyre with spinifex and then rode at about 20kph for what seemed like days.
Another friend managed to punch a hole in his R65 sump with a piece of rock. We dropped the sump, hammered the hole closed and then used some epoxy to glue a coin over the hole. Each bike then had to donate some oil to get our friend to tarmac and a service station. The sump/coin combo stayed like that for years.