Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Australia / New Zealand (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/australia-new-zealand/)
-   -   Australia 2011 Travellers Meeting Planning (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/australia-new-zealand/australia-2011-travellers-meeting-planning-53351)

loxsmith 18 Oct 2010 09:03

Australia 2011 Travellers Meeting Planning
 
I am unable to play a part in organising next years HU Travellers Meeting. All the directional signs and banner etc are stored at my workplace in Brisbane

Who wants to put up their hand to do the job????????

Come on don't be scared, it won't hurt!!!!!!!

Glen

Adastra 19 Oct 2010 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by loxsmith (Post 309283)
I am unable to play a part in organising next years HU Travellers Meeting. All the directional signs and banner etc are stored at my workplace in Brisbane

Who wants to put up their hand to do the job????????

Come on don't be scared, it won't hurt!!!!!!!

Glen

Hey Glen

What are you up to next year??

Helen

loxsmith 19 Oct 2010 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 263142)
The second thing is I would only be to happy to put my hand up for 2011 however I would insist it being in the Whitsundays, great rides, great location, day trip to Hamo the list goes on.:DNow that is out of the way we should knuckle down to this Origin series we must put on a show bigger and better than Mitta Mitta
(We can not let the bloody Victorians show us up !!!) And yes I will put my
hand up if you need a hand:clap:all you have to do is let me know.

Thanks Paul:thumbup1:

Here's your chance Paul, put your hand up and get involved! The longer it is left the less time you have to prepare
Glen

loxsmith 19 Oct 2010 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adastra (Post 309418)
Hey Glen

What are you up to next year??

Helen

Hey Helen, I need to knuckle down and prepare my business for sale. :funmeterno:

No more extended trips until at least July next year.

Anyone want to buy a good Locksmith shop ??????????

Glen

PaulD 21 Oct 2010 18:53

Meeting
 
My wife and I are currently in Ethiopia ! We are on stage 1 of our RTW.
As for the meeting I thought it was back down South ? Then back to Qld.
in 2012. If this is not the case let me know as I did put my hand up and would get something happening on my return.
Keep me posted !

OMO Valley is fantastic !!!!

Cheers
Paul:thumbup1:

Grant Johnson 21 Oct 2010 19:13

Just sent you a note Paul. As is no one has put their hand up in the south, so though we would like to do a south / north alternate years, it's up to someone to put their hand up and make it happen!

So there's a challenge to the southerners - how about it?

When are you back?

Any ideas on dates?

loxsmith 22 Oct 2010 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant Johnson (Post 309742)
Just sent you a note Paul. As is no one has put their hand up in the south, so though we would like to do a south / north alternate years, it's up to someone to put their hand up and make it happen!

So there's a challenge to the southerners - how about it?

When are you back?

Any ideas on dates?

Is it such a bad thing if we have a Nth and Sth in the same year? There seemed to be enough interest at the last meeting for this to happen. Whichever way the ball needs to get rolling soon!

Glen

TravellingStrom 22 Oct 2010 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by loxsmith (Post 309775)
Is it such a bad thing if we have a Nth and Sth in the same year? There seemed to be enough interest at the last meeting for this to happen. Whichever way the ball needs to get rolling soon!

Glen


Well, you mean two HU meetings in Oz?, rather than just one? If so, the northern one would have to be in the dry season, so from the end of April onwards, while I southern one could be held in the wet down south, but it gets mixed up with school hols and xmas.

Also, what about the west and middle of the country?

I am not sure we have enough adventurers to actually go two meetings, and make them quality with spuikers etc, I could be wrong though.

I cannot commit to anything at this time, I am broke and need to work.

Cheers
TS

Grant Johnson 22 Oct 2010 00:29

Not a bad thing at all! There's easily enough interest to put on two a year - we just don't want to overload anyone, so thought alternate would be good.

If we have enough volunteers :helpsmilie: to make it happen, and locations, we're happy to support two. :clap:

loxsmith 22 Oct 2010 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravellingStrom (Post 309778)
I am not sure we have enough adventurers to actually go two meetings, and make them quality with spuikers etc, I could be wrong though.

Cheers
TS

From memory we had approx. 120 to 130 attend the meeting this year. Not many of those came from the Southern states.

I will assist where possible but I will be unable to be as involved as this year. I am time poor for the next 9 months or so.

Lets see what serious replies this stirs up???????

Glen

ajaxer 9 Nov 2010 06:22

Will be back in Melbourne in late November and hopefully my bike will get there in late December if all goes well with the importation.

I'm happy to volunteer my time to help out with a meeting.
Thorougly enjoyed the one in NC in September.

loxsmith 9 Nov 2010 06:55

We have an organiser (not me) for a Queensland HU Travellers Meeting in 2011, more info to come (dates, venue) as soon as it's available
Glen

thecanoeguy 17 Nov 2010 08:26

no one down south willing to put in a few hours work ,bugger ,

Bennett 17 Nov 2010 11:35

Australia 2011 Travellers Meeting Planning
 
:confused1:
Hi Canoe Guy,
I am thinking about it,but it would have to be in N.S.W for me to act and it would be after Christmas before I could start investigating sites etc.The last Vic site was ideal(hint).I see no reason why Australia could not accommodate 2 meetings in the same year, north(Qld) and south (NSW or Vic)
Ben

Bennett 18 Nov 2010 11:01

:thumbup1:Canoe Guy(Dave)
I put my hand up to help as much as I can,if you can put on another Mitta Mitta.
Ben


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:18.


vB.Sponsors