Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   After the big trip (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/after-the-big-trip/)
-   -   Whats this section for ??? (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/after-the-big-trip/whats-this-section-for-40802)

*Touring Ted* 12 Feb 2009 12:10

Whats this section for ???
 
This "empty" part of the hub ?? Whats it all about ??

CornishDeity 12 Feb 2009 12:15

Empty Quarter
 
Ted - it's the empty quarter - famed amongst wondering nomads to be full of, er, emptiness!

*Touring Ted* 12 Feb 2009 16:45

Ahhh the mystical void where no word can be spoken !

Oh no, i just ruined it :(

Kaelbchen 14 Mar 2009 10:06

Ted, lucky guy, you're joking about, but this section was a serious suggestion.
Not everybody is lucky like you after returning, to have another job soon.

I came back full of energy and power and now I'm sitting here, tired after all this effort, still having no job after more than half a year. My former company doesn't exist anymore, I hit the economy resession right in the middle, and I'm not 20 anymore.

My idea was, that maybe other people got the same problem and it will be good to share. You usually only hear about people who got famous afterwards and they all seem to be lucky ...

OR maybe someone in Cologne (Germany) or arround has got a job for an experienced traveller :clap:

Ted, sweetheart, see you at the HUB Meeting

*Touring Ted* 14 Mar 2009 11:34

rrrrrr Ushi ! Im sorry to hear about your job problems. Life was so easy and care free in Argentina wasnt it !

Yes, I was lucky to get a job when I came back but now im working for very low wages on a 3 month contract at a time :( Don't be jelous, im just making the best of a bad situation. :innocent:

Don't waste your energy being depressed.... Leave Colonge and try to find something new !!! I might be going to Australia in November if nothing changed here soon.

See you at the HUBB !! :thumbup1:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaelbchen (Post 233189)
Ted, lucky guy, you're joking about, but this section was a serious suggestion.
Not everybody is lucky like you after returning, to have another job soon.

I came back full of energy and power and now I'm sitting here, tired after all this effort, still having no job after more than half a year. My former company doesn't exist anymore, I hit the economy resession right in the middle, and I'm not 20 anymore.

My idea was, that maybe other people got the same problem and it will be good to share. You usually only hear about people who got famous afterwards and they all seem to be lucky ...

OR maybe someone in Cologne (Germany) or arround has got a job for an experienced traveller :clap:

Ted, sweetheart, see you at the HUB Meeting


lorraine 14 Mar 2009 18:08

Did you see the job offer of a motorcycle guide in Chile under the Money Saving section???? Could this be the ticket???
Lorraine

Birdy 17 Mar 2009 17:12

Coming back in the middle of a recession is great isn't it!?

I've been lucky enough to find something for my girlfriend and I to do, until we have enough cash to get going again, but there isn't much out there is there? Thought I was going to end up back in the forces.

Joel

PeerG 21 Mar 2009 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaelbchen (Post 233189)
Ted, lucky guy, you're joking about, but this section was a serious suggestion.
Not everybody is lucky like you after returning, to have another job soon.

I came back full of energy and power and now I'm sitting here, tired after all this effort, still having no job after more than half a year. My former company doesn't exist anymore, I hit the economy resession right in the middle, and I'm not 20 anymore.

My idea was, that maybe other people got the same problem and it will be good to share. You usually only hear about people who got famous afterwards and they all seem to be lucky ...

OR maybe someone in Cologne (Germany) or arround has got a job for an experienced traveller :clap:

Ted, sweetheart, see you at the HUB Meeting

I joined the club, came back from SA in February, also to Cologne, also jobless. At least there is work to do on the bike, so I’m not too bored…yet.
Peer

Kaelbchen 31 Mar 2009 16:42

So, Peer, I don't know you, but in case you will be bored one day, we can start moaning and wailing about our hopeless situations at a nice Cologne pub with some Koelsch, which usually helps for a while ;-) ...

TheEnglishman 31 Mar 2009 19:44

Isn't this the bit where you lie back, light a ciggie and think 'yea - that was great - lets do it again'

:thumbup1:

maria41 1 Apr 2009 13:57

Hi Uschi!
 
Hi Uschi, sorry to hear you can't find work yet. Hope things will pick up soon.

We were very lucky with Alistair. We got back at the right time (from South America) in late April last year and by May (for Alistair) and July for me, we were both working.
And although people are losing their jobs every week in our companies, we manage to survive, week after week. So far.

Let me know if you can come for the HUBB meeting in June. We are taking Friday 19th June off and we will be riding up to Ripley in the morning, you can stay with us for few days before hand as we discussed! We will be so happy to see you again! Bring photos!

Hi Ted! see you soon?

Cheers,

*Touring Ted* 1 Apr 2009 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria41 (Post 235975)
Hi Uschi, sorry to hear you can't find work yet. Hope things will pick up soon.

We were very lucky with Alistair. We got back at the right time (from South America) in late April last year and by May (for Alistair) and July for me, we were both working.
And although people are losing their jobs every week in our companies, we manage to survive, week after week. So far.

Let me know if you can come for the HUBB meeting in June. We are taking Friday 19th June off and we will be riding up to Ripley in the morning, you can stay with us for few days before hand as we discussed! We will be so happy to see you again! Bring photos!

Hi Ted! see you soon?

Cheers,

Hey Maria... I'll be at Ripley and of course you're always welcome at my Hogroast on the 6th June. Can't promise it will be worth the ride up but your welcome all the same.

Ted

Kaelbchen 2 Apr 2009 15:23

Hey Englishman,
you're right, you can do this afterwards for the first few months. But then you'll find out, that memories don't pay bills.
Life goes on and you cannot be stuck in one point. I met people who do that, they still live in their travelling. But if it's the only thing you have in your mind, I can tell you, it has nothing to do with reality.

Hi Maria,
I'll write you an email ;-)
My photos are slides and I'm about to scan, which is a bit disapointing, it's never the quality like they have at the wall ...

Ted,
have fun doing asado with poor dead animals ;-)

lamble 7 Sep 2009 22:58

Ah, the no job syndrome. I'm in that one, but with an added twist. I had a job to go back to in the USA. Unfortunately my wife decided that after 6 weeks away, I shouldn't bother coming back, so I lost my visa and work permit, and my job, my friends, my house and got turfed out of the USA, to end up back in the UK, in a friend's spare bedroom.

All in all a bit crapulent.
Now my money is running out too, all those shipping costs, but because I'd lived in the US for 3 yrs I don't have any entitlement to social benefits. I fall between all the cracks. And to add insult to injury, my wife hasn't even bothered to divorce me, although I've not heard anything from her since December. It's my anniversary next week.
:helpsmilie:

Three Teas Tour if you want to see someone being destroyed while on a 6 month ride that ended after 6 weeks but will take a lifetime to recover from. The visit from the suicide police was funny though...how do you prove you aren't dead when someone asks you to your face...I ran up and down and waved my arms about, but that's not evidence...apparently?

*Touring Ted* 7 Sep 2009 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamble (Post 256179)
Ah, the no job syndrome. I'm in that one, but with an added twist. I had a job to go back to in the USA. Unfortunately my wife decided that after 6 weeks away, I shouldn't bother coming back, so I lost my visa and work permit, and my job, my friends, my house and got turfed out of the USA, to end up back in the UK, in a friend's spare bedroom.

All in all a bit crapulent.
Now my money is running out too, all those shipping costs, but because I'd lived in the US for 3 yrs I don't have any entitlement to social benefits. I fall between all the cracks. And to add insult to injury, my wife hasn't even bothered to divorce me, although I've not heard anything from her since December. It's my anniversary next week.
:helpsmilie:

Three Teas Tour if you want to see someone being destroyed while on a 6 month ride that ended after 6 weeks but will take a lifetime to recover from. The visit from the suicide police was funny though...how do you prove you aren't dead when someone asks you to your face...I ran up and down and waved my arms about, but that's not evidence...apparently?

Ahhh man !! Puts my whining into perspective !

All the best luck to you mate ! I'm sure karma will bounce back at you with some good luck...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:37.


vB.Sponsors