Lro Adventure Club-adventure W/e June 16/17th 2007
Anyone heard off or going to this? I got sent a document from Vince after enquiring at the LROAC website
Having been to the adventure travel and sports exhintion a the weekend, and been frankly dissapointed by a glorified sales pitch for packaged holidays I don't want to do the same again.
The agenda is:
1. 4x4 road book navigation challenge, using the tracks and trails around the Welland Valley and Tixover quarry for some real fun. Off Road adventure, historical locations, clues and splendid views will all be along the route.
2. Off Road Driving master class’s from the Land Rover Experience team.
3. Convoy lead 4x4 safari’s around the Land Rover Experience tracks and Rockingham Castle estate.
4. Small trade stands and advice from off road companies like: XSO 4x4, Footlose 4x4, Nene Valley tyres, Outback Imports, Nene Overland to name but a few
5. Vehicle preparation discussions from Rockingham Land Rovers
6. Class room Presentations on overland trips like Wales weekends, Morocco and Namibia safaris
7. Navigation….the basics on equipment, GPS etc
8. Driving displays by Ed Cobley
9. £100 per vehicle for the weekend includes camping etc
Certainly looks interesting for £100
Its probably not a bad deal,
Vince 'Cobblers' - as we call him - is always looking to take people on his overseas adventures - and for me its a lot of money for him to hold your hand - much better to do the overlanding on your own - you will learn more and you money will go much further.
But the weekend is probably ok for £100/vehicle - just fill your vehicle with people and beer and have a laugh - find the people that have been further than Morocco and talk to them - just dont sign up for any overseas stuff.
Where did you end up going for the off road course you did ?
- write a report about it into your old post maybe....?
- The LRE boys there will give you some good tips im sure, though I have not worked up there at Rockingham.
sounds like fun to me
Yes it sounds like fun to me, and if nothing else will be a weekend away in the landy with some beers :)
As for the off road course I have been reluctant to post as although I really enjoyed the day it wasn't probably a good example of a formal off road driving course. Once I whave written it up for our blog i will then do the same here. Its all about choosing the words carefully! Probably next weekend now ehn I get the time.
Anyway, thanks for the reply ....
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:11.|