Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   4WD Overland Tech (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/4wd-overland-tech/)
-   -   Tubeless Tyre Repair Kits (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/4wd-overland-tech/tubeless-tyre-repair-kits-24794)

CornishDeity 27 Dec 2006 13:14

Tubeless Tyre Repair Kits
OK - anyone who read my last post will see a theme here.

I'm searched the web for 30 mins now, and the only tubeless tyre repairing kits I can find are on ebay. I've also found push bike repair kits, but nothing for my landy tyres. Tyrepliers.com.au do have them, but your can't order online and Australia seems a long way to have to post something.

Can anyone point me in the right directions? Its a dangerous place searching on the web, before I knew it I nearly had a new roof tent! And thats not going to help fix a puncture :)


Fletch 27 Dec 2006 15:35

U could try...

Try there :biggrin3:

CornishDeity 27 Dec 2006 19:03

Great thanks Fletch, but .....
.....time for my last stupid question of the day (before I sink into a bottle of red and the wife has to deal with the stupid questions) ....

Can I use that for landy tyres? Just because that is a bike shop...

Great if I can

Thanks again


idrubie 27 Dec 2006 22:20

Frogs Island sell them.


I have not used this kit so can not say if it is any good or not.


Gipper 28 Dec 2006 05:41

I got my Tyrepliers puncture kit in the UK - try these guys - good patches and strings worked fine with a good applicator -


try frogs too as mentioned and see what the prices come out at.


Jamesf 31 Dec 2006 09:53

I also got mine from Boab, very helpful guy.
When are you leaving?

P.S. Sold the landy in November and its on its way back to SA on the 8th Jan! http://www.africanantics.com/

diesel jim 1 Jan 2007 14:07

I bought a tube repair kit years ago from my local agricultural spares place. came in a little plastic box, with glue, umpteen different sized patches, chalk and the little cheese grater thing for applying the chalk (this stops the excess glue from sticking your freshly repaired tube to the inside of the tyre when you re-assemble and pump it up)

CornishDeity 5 Jan 2007 10:50

Congratulations and thanks James
Well done on selling the landy mate. I'm glad its gone to a good home. Read the guys blogs and its seems like he needs some good luck! I suppose his bad luck was your good luck.

I'll keep an eye on his blog and see how my alternative life may have been :)

Col Campbell 7 Jan 2007 15:19

ARB also do a very nice kit, for plugging tubless tyres.

billh 8 Jan 2007 14:03

I got one from Devon 4x4, it wasn't cheap but worked the one time I had to use it:thumbup1:

Erik D. 19 Jan 2007 22:51

I've used a set made by Tech, called the "Tech PermaCure Truck Kit" (cat. nr. 216).

This is used by professionals to repair tires, and I've plugged tires both from within, and from the outside (without bothering to take the tyre off the rim) with complete satisfaction. If done correctly, the plugs will outlast the tire.


I see their contact info in Europe is:

EUROTECH B.V. - European Headquarters
15, Ballinderry Road
Lisburn, BT28 2SA
Northern Ireland, U.K.
Phone: 44 (0) 2892-665721, Fax: 44 (0) 2892-601611


Walter Van Loon
V.P. Sales & Marketing
Bremheidelaan 6
2300 Turnhout
Phone: (011-321) 442-3103, Fax: (011-321) 441-7003


As a local tire repair company gave it to us (and taught us how to use it), I don't know how much the kit actually costs.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:56.