A quick disclaimer: I've not seen one of these in the flesh, don't know anyone with one, and have absolutely no connection to the maker (so sadly won't be getting any commission).
Anyway, stumbled across the Stimson Designs Explorer Kit today, when looking at (ssshhhhhh) caravans. It looks quite a well thought out bit of equipment, aimed more at the casual tripper rather than the year long RTW-er, but maybe as a starting point?
The 'NEW' STIMSON EXPLORER KIT has the following items, all as standard equipment.
- A durable galvanised steel galley unit topped with robust aluminium chequerplate.
- A hard-wearing manually operated water system with resistant braided water pipe. Water pump capacity: 8 litres per minute.
- A 6.5 litre lift-out sink and draining mat.
- A shower attachment and separate 20 litre solar shower unit.
- A toughened 10 litre polythene water carrier with screw top and additional pouring spout.
- A 9QT built-in cooler box with adjustable horizontal/vertical shelf/divide.
- A quality single burner butane gas stove complete with piezo ignition, built-in pressure safety device and aluminium wind shield.
- Aluminium worktop which fits over the sink unit.
- Chrome mug storage rack and equipment stowage net.
- A lift out galvanised steel utensils tray, complete with non-slip matting and rubber edging.
- A rubber edged, non-slip quality chopping board.
- A strong 'T' adjustable drop down leg, enabling the unit to fit vehicles – trailers – day boats up to 1 metre from ground level. The unit is also capable of being used at ground level, using the additional adjustable leg for uneven terrain.
- Rubber straps to lock the unit down when travelling and prevent rattling.
- Strong steel carry handles.
PRICE: £250.00 Inc VAT DELIVERY & PACKAGING: £25 Inc VAT
Initially I thought the price was a way to high, but on a second thought, considering the price of a couple of panniers for a motorbike alone, it began to see a bit more reasonable.
, and have a look round the rest of the site I like the guy's multi-uses in a small package ideas. And I'm quite taken by the Adventure Cube too, pity it's not 4WD.
Happiness has 125 cc