Your space in the Authors' Tent
The Authors' Tent occupies a central position outdoors at the event site and is exclusive to adventure travel authors and film-makers. We're offering authors and film-makers sales display table space so that you can promote your work and sell signed copies.
We'll provide a 6' trestle table inside the tent. What goes on it, behind it or under it is entirely up to you. Tables will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis at the event and, to make the best use of the available space, we may ask authors/film-makers to share tables. Please note that large display pieces may only be used in your table area with agreement from the organisers before the event.
All authors and film-makers are required to provide at least one item (e.g. a book or DVD) as a prize in the charity fundraising raffle.
Be a Presenter
As an exhibiting author/film-maker, we're also offering you the option to give a presentation (or two) at the event.
We'll have 40 minute and 90 minute sessions available for non-commercial presentations, workshops, Q&As and demonstrations. We're also offering the dynamic Pecha Kucha format that can be used to openly promote your work. You'll have exactly 20 slides each staying on screen for exactly 20 seconds. It's a fast-paced and entertaining way to get your message across in 6 minutes and 40 seconds! (watch examples)
Before you complete the form, please read the following:
If you choose to present, the form is quite long, with many options, and includes space for up to several different presentation ideas. Be prepared to provide the following BEFORE starting the form:
- Presenter Profile: about you in no more than 50 words
- These are the two bits of information that will appear on the event schedule if your idea is accepted:
- Presentation Title: prepare a snappy and interesting title that's no more than 40 characters long (including spaces)
- Presentation Summary: no more than 140 characters long (including spaces)
- Presentation Description: as much as you think necessary to tell us about your presentation. Some of this may be used in the description of the event, but is primarily for our reference
Give yourself plenty of time to think about what (and how) you'd like to present.
Then return to this page to complete the form.