Photo Contest for HU Calendar, submit page 1
- Submit up to 6 photos, in high resolution, best quality jpg or png format using the form below.
- Photos must clearly portray MOTORCYCLE Travel. The whole bike doesn't need to be in the picture, but there must be a motorcycle in the picture.
- Copyright remains with the photographer, but Horizons Unlimited (HU) requires the right to:
- If you are NOT THE PHOTOGRAPHER - DON'T submit it!
- Prize awards: Winners are responsible for any customs and duties payable.
The Progressive Suspension Prize will only be shipped to USA or Canadian addresses, and is only awarded to the photographer that places the highest AND has a bike that fits one of their shocks. Touratech, Global Rescue, and Progressive Suspension and any other Prize givers are awarded rights to use the Photo in promotion and advertising.
- For the contest entry, please submit ONLY your BEST quality, highest resoluton photo, of at least 3500x2300 pixel or preferably greater files. Lower resolution photos CAN NOT be used and will be rejected.
- Photos will be printed at approximately 11 x 17 inches.
- NO wide screen Panoramas, black and white etc please - this is a calendar with a fixed size so panoramas don't work, and black and white is not what we're after for an exciting calendar - much as we love it - so colour only please.
- FILE NAME: To make admin easy - in other words make sure you get credit for your photo, and we label it correctly:
- Please Rename the file BEFORE you upload it to EXACTLY this format:
- NO spaces and NO Áccéñted Chârâctérs in the file name please.
HINT: IMG_123456.jpg just doesn't work for us...
- File name can be up to 200 characters total.
- Photos not named in the above format are lost in the midst of others improperly labelled, and we have no way to connect you to your photos. Sorry!
- Maximum file size is 16mb, and files must be *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.zip or *.png only.
Remember, contest closes January 31, 2015!
Enter your First photo here:(subsequent photos get a much simpler form!)
- It will take a while for the file to upload - be patient and do NOT retry/resubmit unless you get an error message - and please read the error message carefully!
- You will get an error message if there is a problem, or if all went well, you will get the next page to upload your second photo.
- Good luck!
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
HUGE, 11.5 x 16.5 inches, beautifully printed in Germany on top quality stock! Photos are the winning images from over 600 entries in the 9th Annual HU Photo Contest!
"The calendar is magnificent!"
"I just wanted to say how much I'm loving the new, larger calendar!"
We share the profit with the winning photographers. YOU could be in the HU Calendar too - enter here!
Next HU Events
- Germany Autumn: Oct 23-26
- Aus VIC: Oct 24-26
- Aus NSW: Oct 31-Nov 2
- South Africa: Nov 13-16
- NEW! USA Virginia: Apr 9-12, 2015
- NEW! HUMM Morocco: May 13-16, 2015
- Canada West: Aug 20-23, 2015
- USA California: Sep 24-27, 2015
- Aus Queensland: Sep 24-27, 2015
- USA North Carolina: Oct 8-11, 2015
- Aus Perth: Oct 9-11, 2015
Take 40% off Road Heroes Part 1 until October 31 only!
Road Heroes features tales of adventure, joy and sheer terror by veteran travellers Peter and Kay Forwood (193 countries two-up on a Harley); Dr. Greg Frazier (5 times RTW); Tiffany Coates (RTW solo female); and Rene Cormier (University of Gravel Roads).
"Inspiring and hilarious!"
"I loved watching this DVD!"
"Lots of amazing stories and even more amazing photographs, it's great fun and very inspirational."
Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to use Coupon Code 'HEROES' on your order when you checkout.
10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
All the best travel books and videos listed and often reviewed on HU's famous Books page. Check it out and get great travel books from all over the world.