2005 Photo Contest for 2006 Calendar
2005 Portugal Meeting and HU Calendar Photo contest
I want to express our sincere thanks to all those who entered - we received some 400 entries, and the quality was very impressive - some truly amazing photos in there, and picking the winners was very difficult for the judges. And I still have to pick 4 more...
Also a very big thanks to Antonio Caldeira in Porto, Portugal for his efforts in putting together the contest, securing excellent judges, sponsorship for prizes, donating a prize himself, organizing printing, mounting and the exhibition space - truly above and beyond the call of duty, a job VERY well done!
Winners for this years contest!
(click the pics for a larger, quality version)
1st prize: Digital Camera Fujifilm A310
2nd prize: Magellan Gps Sportrak
- by Hendi Kaf, USA; of Frank and Goba, Australia, on a "Rally Extreme" ride. Crossing a tributary of the Mekong River, Cambodia, Honda 250 Baja's.
3rd prize: Fujifilm Camera Zoom Date 90 S
- by Alessio Corradini – Salar de Uyuni
Runner Ups (All runner-ups will receive a certificate)
- Pierre Saslawsky – Masai Bikers, Kenya
- Richard Parkinson - Grinding Coffee beans in Sumatra, Indonesia
- by Mick Wheeler, UK; of Sue Wilson, 'Thank heavens for Hepco and Becker panniers,' Altai region of Mongolia, near Khovd. BMW F650GS.
- Liz Peel – Into the valley
- by Takayuki Nezasa, Japan, RTW; Himba woman, Namibia, and my motorcycle, Suzuki Djebel.
- Chris Smith, Australia – in the Dasht-e Kavir salt desert, northern Iran, self-portrait shot in Black and White, with a grain filter. KTM 640 Adventure.
The above all get either the prize noted, or a certificate. Their photos will also be used in the calendar.
We want your photos Next year! Enter now!
The above winnning photos were displayed in the theater in Porto, Portugal, during the meeting.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
HUGE, 11.5 x 16.5 inches, beautifully printed in Germany on top quality stock! Photos are the winning images from over 600 entries in the 9th Annual HU Photo Contest!
"The calendar is magnificent!"
"I just wanted to say how much I'm loving the new, larger calendar!"
We share the profit with the winning photographers. YOU could be in the HU Calendar too - enter here!
Next HU Events
- Thailand: Jan 9-11, 2015
- NEW! USA Virginia: Apr 9-12
- NEW! HUMM Morocco: May 13-16
- Germany: May 14-17
- Canada Ontario: Jun 18-21
- Ireland: June 26-28
- Colorado: July 17-19 TBC
- Canada West: Aug 20-23
- USA California: Sep 24-27
- Aus Queensland: Sep 24-27
- USA North Carolina: Oct 8-11
- Aus Perth: Oct 9-11
- Germany: Oct 22-25
10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!