2005 Photo Contest for 2006 Calendar
2005 Portugal Meeting and HU Calendar Photo contest
I want to express our sincere thanks to all those who entered - we received some 400 entries, and the quality was very impressive - some truly amazing photos in there, and picking the winners was very difficult for the judges. And I still have to pick 4 more...
Also a very big thanks to Antonio Caldeira in Porto, Portugal for his efforts in putting together the contest, securing excellent judges, sponsorship for prizes, donating a prize himself, organizing printing, mounting and the exhibition space - truly above and beyond the call of duty, a job VERY well done!
Winners for this years contest!
(click the pics for a larger, quality version)
1st prize: Digital Camera Fujifilm A310
2nd prize: Magellan Gps Sportrak
- by Hendi Kaf, USA; of Frank and Goba, Australia, on a "Rally Extreme" ride. Crossing a tributary of the Mekong River, Cambodia, Honda 250 Baja's.
3rd prize: Fujifilm Camera Zoom Date 90 S
- by Alessio Corradini – Salar de Uyuni
Runner Ups (All runner-ups will receive a certificate)
- Pierre Saslawsky – Masai Bikers, Kenya
- Richard Parkinson - Grinding Coffee beans in Sumatra, Indonesia
- by Mick Wheeler, UK; of Sue Wilson, 'Thank heavens for Hepco and Becker panniers,' Altai region of Mongolia, near Khovd. BMW F650GS.
- Liz Peel – Into the valley
- by Takayuki Nezasa, Japan, RTW; Himba woman, Namibia, and my motorcycle, Suzuki Djebel.
- Chris Smith, Australia – in the Dasht-e Kavir salt desert, northern Iran, self-portrait shot in Black and White, with a grain filter. KTM 640 Adventure.
The above all get either the prize noted, or a certificate. Their photos will also be used in the calendar.
We want your photos Next year! Enter now!
The above winnning photos were displayed in the theater in Porto, Portugal, during the meeting.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
9th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is ending soon! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
NEW! HU Adventure Motorcycle 2014 Calendar is now available! Get your copy now for some terrific travel inspiration! The calendar is HUGE, 12x17 inches (30x43 cm)! Photos are the best of the Photo Contest entries for the last 6 years.
We split the profit with the winning photographers. YOU could be in the HU Calendar too - enter here!
Next HU Events
- Thailand: Jan 10-11
- Brazil: Feb 22-23
- Germany: May 29-June 1
- HUBB UK: June 19-22
- NEW! Canada Maritimes: July 4-6
- USA Colorado: July 11-13
- Ireland: July 18-20
- Canada West: Aug 21-24
- USA North Carolina: Sept. 4-7
- Canada Ontario: Sept. 11-14
- USA California: Sept. 25-28
- Aus Queensland: Oct 3-6
Global Rescue is the premier provider of medical, security and evacuation services worldwide and is the only company that will come to you, wherever you are, and evacuate you to your home hospital of choice. Additionally, Global Rescue places no restrictions on country of citizenship - all nationalities are eligible to sign-up!
All the best travel books and videos listed and often reviewed on HU's famous Books page. Check it out and get great travel books from all over the world.
MC Air Shipping, (uncrated) USA / Canada / Europe and other areas. Be sure to say "Horizons Unlimited" to get your $25 discount on Shipping!
Insurance - see: For foreigners traveling in US and Canada and for Americans and Canadians traveling in other countries, then mail it to MC Services and get your HU $15 discount!