Bearback, The world overland
Imagine jacking it all in, packing your life into a 41-litre pannier and riding into the sunset. Bearback is the story of two GPs who did just that, downing stethoscopes to take off on their motorcycle, The Bear, to see the world. A story of high adventure, determined resourcefulness and personal discovery it’s also a tale of freedom and love. For anyone who has considered escaping the rat race, even for a second, it’s an inspiring read.
Hardback 2010 (reprinted 2012)
Paperback 2013 (available Oct 2012)
Hardback edition is £16.95 and the paperback £13.95
Order your signed copy direct from the author at:
Also available on Amazon, see below.
Sir Ranulph Fiennes: “A remarkable journey. Searching, honest, uplifting.”
National Geographic Traveller: “An inspired travelogue, dispelling the myth that remarkable journeys are out of your grasp.”
RIDE: “Belts along at a cracking pace. Stylish and good quality.”
Real Travel: “I didn’t want this enthralling book to end. If you only read one travelogue this year, make it this one.” Book of the Month, February 2011.
Travel Africa: “We’ve all dreamed about it - quitting the job, packing up the house, and hitting the road for the adventure of a lifetime. Few do it, and even fewer do it as well as Pat Garrod.”
- “exciting, humorous, thought-provoking and inspiring. I couldn’t put it down.” Margaret, UK.
- “A most compelling read.” John, UK.
- “well written, amazing story.” Dave, UK.
- “beautifully written…you will be inspired.” Lavina, UK.
- “A dangerous book it challenges and enthuses you to follow suit and head out to explore.” Alastair, UK.
- “What a fabulous adventure. A beautifully written book that was full of excitement, drama and even romance. I loved all the incidental historical, political and geographical information that really gave me a fuller picture of each country they travelled through.” Katy, UK.
- “The book is exceptionally well written, a skillful blend of mystery, local politics, history, humor, travelogue, human spirit and love story. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great read.” Frank, USA.
“There have been a lot of motorcycle travel books with Ted Simon starting it all with ‘Jupiters Travels’ and until now no one had improved on his work. ‘Bearback’ has set a new standard and is simply the best I have read.” Bob, UK.
- “Brilliant. Initially daunted by the size of the book I was continually surprised that the story flowed so well between each adventure. Extremely well written.” CPMurr, UK.
You may also like...
We accept no responsibility for any of the above information in any way whatsoever. You are reminded to do your own research. Any commentary is strictly a personal opinion of the person supplying the information and is not to be construed as an endorsement of any kind.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
9th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is ending soon! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
NEW! HU Adventure Motorcycle 2014 Calendar is now available! Get your copy now for some terrific travel inspiration! The calendar is HUGE, 12x17 inches (30x43 cm)! Photos are the best of the Photo Contest entries for the last 6 years.
We split the profit with the winning photographers. YOU could be in the HU Calendar too - enter here!
Next HU Events
- Thailand: Jan 10-11
- Brazil: Feb 22-23
- Germany: May 29-June 1
- HUBB UK: June 19-22
- NEW! Canada Maritimes: July 4-6
- USA Colorado: July 11-13
- Ireland: July 18-20
- Canada West: Aug 21-24
- USA North Carolina: Sept. 4-7
- Canada Ontario: Sept. 11-14
- USA California: Sept. 25-28
- Aus Queensland: Oct 3-6
Global Rescue is the premier provider of medical, security and evacuation services worldwide and is the only company that will come to you, wherever you are, and evacuate you to your home hospital of choice. Additionally, Global Rescue places no restrictions on country of citizenship - all nationalities are eligible to sign-up!
Books & DVDs
All the best travel books and videos listed and often reviewed on HU's famous Books page. Check it out and get great travel books from all over the world.
MC Air Shipping, (uncrated) USA / Canada / Europe and other areas. Be sure to say "Horizons Unlimited" to get your $25 discount on Shipping!
Insurance - see: For foreigners traveling in US and Canada and for Americans and Canadians traveling in other countries, then mail it to MC Services and get your HU $15 discount!