Adventure Motorcycling Handbook
"Ultimate global guide for red-blooded bikers planning overseas exploration. Covers choice & preparation of best bike, shipping overseas, baggage design, riding techniques, travel health, visas, documentation, safety and useful addresses." Recommended. (Grant)
From Chris Scott:
"Interest in adventure motorcycling has grown massively since the last edition of AMH and now in it’s third decade, the much revised and expanded AMH6 catches up with all of it. With a 100 extra pages, AMH6 no longer assumes you’re an experienced tourer who’s decided to take off to the outer limits. Many AM riders are much like Ted Simon was in 1970s; individuals in search of adventure who choose a motorcycle. Readers aren’t expected to have an in-depth knowledge of mechanics, travel health, riding techniques or navigation, so there are fuller explanations of how things work and why certain choices are worthwhile, as well as a comprehensive listing on troubleshooting. This more than ever makes AMH6 a take-with guidebook as one to consult during the planning stage.
Among other things AMH6 covers:
• planning, sponsorship, riding seasons, fuel prices
• bike choice and recommended models
• the gear: what you need, not what you can buy
• a new section on road legal quad bikes
• Life on the Road: borders, comms, police trouble, satnav, filming and moto troubleshooting
• Comprehensive overland route outlines in Africa, Asia and Latin America – aka: the Adventure Motorcycling Zone (AMZ)
• Contributions from among others: Lois Pryce, Walter Colebatch, Gaurav Jani, Grant Johnson and many other two-wheel adventurers"
You may also like...
We accept no responsibility for any of the above information in any way whatsoever. You are reminded to do your own research. Any commentary is strictly a personal opinion of the person supplying the information and is not to be construed as an endorsement of any kind.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
Next HU Events
- Canada West: Aug 21-24
- USA North Carolina: Sept. 4-7
- France Mini: Sep 5-7
- Canada Ontario: Sept. 11-14
- NEW! UK - Haggs Bank: Sept. 19-21
- USA California: Sept. 25-28
- Aus Queensland: Oct 3-6
- Aus Perth: Oct 10-12
- Aus VIC: Oct 24-26
- NEW! Aus NSW: Oct 31-Nov 2
- NEW! South Africa: Nov 13-16
- NEW! HUMM Morocco: May 13-16, 2015
Our veteran travellers share their tips (and great stories) for staying healthy, happy and secure on your motorcycle adventure.
"A fantastic, informative and inspirational DVD."
"It's brilliant - thank you very much!"
Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to use Coupon Code 'ONTHEROAD' on your order when you checkout.
10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
All the best travel books and videos listed and often reviewed on HU's famous Books page. Check it out and get great travel books from all over the world.